Warung Bebas

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Light and Affordable Chicken Corn Potato Chowder


You can prepare this light chowder in the crock pot or on your stove top. I love using my crock pot in the warmer months, since it won't heat up your home like an oven will.  

This chowder is on the lighter side, using lean chicken, low fat milk, no salt added corn, light sour cream, and heart healthy Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup. I love soup and chowders, but hate how much sodium and fat can often be found in them.  Preparing your own is easy, and lets you control the fat and salt content.
I served our chowder with sour dough cracked wheat toast, crackers, a little crumbled cooked bacon and cheddar cheese, however it's great all on it's own.  This recipe will make one large crock pot full of chowder, about 17 cups!  
This easy and super tasty chowder costs less then a dollar for a 1 cup serving!  
I found all of my ingredients for this recipe at Walmart.

Ingredients:
Read more »

0 comments em “Light and Affordable Chicken Corn Potato Chowder”

Post a Comment

 

bacon time with the hungry hippo Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger